Monday, January 29, 2007
2. I talked to David again today. It's so wonderful to talk to him so often. Even if we are both in quiet moods, I still enjoy it. Just feeling his presence is amazing. Knowing that he's there. I miss him, but no matter how far away, he still makes me feel good inside. I love that lil plonk!
3. I just watched a movie, Mysterious Skin. It's a pretty hard-hitting movie, but interesting. The things that happen in it are despicable. But overall, a decent movie. If you see it though, don't waste a happy mood on it. It's too serious for that.
4. I painted my nails red again tonight. Theyve been pink for about a week. I used to love the idea of how feminine baby pink nails are. And I still think they are ok sometimes...but for some reason, I prefer bolder colors.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Oh me, oh my. It has been a long time since I wrote in here. To be honest, I just haven’t felt like writing. Or, I have too much to write, it’s daunting.
But here I am now, writing.
What have I been up to since the new year started? Well, my NYE went off with a bang. I talked to David on the phone for hours, during which time, Melo and Emily called me to do the countdown in
After that, I mostly just worked and prepared for my trip.
David and I had a great time together. I was very nervous to go, as I hadn’t seen him since August and things have been tough for us since then. But seeing him in the airport. There isn’t a way I can verbally say how I felt. It was as if the moment I saw him, all of my worries were thrown out the window. At first, it was strange to see him again, as it had been so long. But very soon, I was as comfortable as ever. To be really, physically close to him again was so amazing.
We had a lot of fun. We took a day trip to Lyme Regis, on the coast. The wind there was madness! I was really afraid it was going to blow us over! It almost did at points. David took a lot of wind-blown pictures, and I looked at rocks on the beach.
We also took a day trip to
On the weekend, we picked up one of David’s best friends, Imogen, and we took a nice long roadtrip to
After our trip to
A girl can dream, can’t she? ^_^
Monday, January 01, 2007
I also need to learn some new things. I need to become a more well-rounded individual.
10 things I am going to do this year:
1. Visit 10 cities that I have never been to before
2. Go bungee jumping
3. Not be so afraid to say "no" to people
4. Not be afraid to try new foods
5. Join a gym or some kind of fitness something
6. Be happy with my weight
7. Learn to cook at least 1 dinner meal perfectly
8. Say "Thank you" when a compliment is received
9. Take a long walk at least once a week
10. Wear heels at least once a month.
I don't expect myself to excel at everything this year. But I do expect myself to not be so afraid of life. I am tired of being afraid. I don't want to live my life that way anymore.
Anyone else want to venture their list of things to do this year? This is not a New Year's Resolution. I don't believe in those. They don't work. I feel like this is just a list of goals that I want to achieve, so will therefore be easier to stick to.