Sunday, November 26, 2006
What I *really* wanted to post about was my new purchase. I decided I couldnt stand it anymore, so I went out and bought.... a DVD player! Yessss! And I discovered that Target was having a sale on DVDs, so I bought The Notebook ($4), 3 Harry Potter movies ($4/each), Grey's Anatomy ($9/season 1), and 24 Season 1 ($16). So far today, I have watched *ALL* of season 1 of Grey's Anatomy. I loved it! O, I wasnt sure howmuch I'd like it, since I tend to not get into TV so much... but for $9, I could give it a shot. Glad I did. And I got 24 because David talks about it sooo much that I felt that for such a cheap price, I should give it a shot.
Thursday, November 23, 2006
I can't be trusted to cook for other people. Whatever dish I bring to this potluck is going to be a disaster!
Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I am sending lots of love your ways!
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
It’s been a while, ne. I have been super busy, but not really. The big news is that I got a job. I m still technically working at the temp agency, still. But, I have been put out o a temp-to-perm project. So, I am working at a company called Jeld-wen. They manufacture doors. Yep. Sound boring? Well, so far, it’s not! I never knew so much planning and preparation had to go into making a door. It’s really interesting. I used to think they were just big pieces of wood we walk in and out of, but there’s a lot more to it. It’s interesting. Also it’s nice to have some kind of schedule to my life again. I work 7-4 each weekday. It sucks getting up so early, but it’s nice to get out by 4.
Other than work, things are good. I spend a lot of time alone, but I’ve been trying to get out of the house more. I went out this weekend to Dave and Buster’s with some people I met online. And it was fun! We just chatted and played video games. And afterwards, we went out to a karaoke bar. (At this point, I discovered that I hate American karaoke. It’s so lame!)
Then, on Sunday, I went to see The Wiz with Clarissa and Lenny. It was a really good play! Very fun and witty. I enjoyed it a whole lot.
So, for now, I am keeping myself busy with work. When I come home, I let Ocha out to play until it’s time for bed. I don’t go out on weeknights much since I have to be up so early, but I try and be social on the weekends. So far, so good. ^_^
And as you all know, this Thursday is Thanksgiving. I’ve been a bit down about that, actually. It really hit me that I am not gonna be home for Thanksgiving OR Christmas this year. It really sucks. It’s nice to have Jackie so close, but it’s just not the same as being with your core unit, you know? I try to keep my chin up about that. Anyway, so Thursday I am going to cook pumpkin bread and sweet potatoes (with marshmallows on top, of course!!) to bring to the Potluck dinner with Jackie and her friends. It’s gonna be fun to be at such a big Thanksgiving dinner, since I’ve only ever had dinner at home that day. But, it’s still just not the same. Ahh well.
That’s all for now. Sorry it’s been so long. I’ll try to be better!
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Ever have a night that was so great and you want to tell everyone about it, but remembering the night makes you want to puke… Well, yeah. That was my Friday night. I will make a list of stuff that happened as I remember the evening again. Ha!
- I went over to the new apartment of Clarissa and Lenny (Jennifer is her real name). There, I ate some yummy eggplant parmesan and drank 2 glasses of Baileys (the new mint kind).
- After dinner, the three of us drove to
North Parkto discover some bars. We drove around until we found a lil place called The Office. So, we go there, and the alcohol is SO cheap! So, I had two sex on the beaches (which were seriously unbelievably strong) and a Passion Pomegranate shot. The three of us chatted and hung out for a while, but then a band started playing. It was one of those screamy, loud bands, so we vacated the premises.
- By this point, the three of us were SOOO drunk that there wasn’t even a chance of any one of us getting into the car to go home. So, we started walking. On the way, we found another bar, which was pretty full. So, we went in. This is the point in my story where it all gets hazy. At this bar, I had a mystery drink from the bartender, another drink (I think), and then a (super strong) shot bought by some girl named
Tara. She was cool and bought me the shot to congratulate me on moving to Californiafrom ! Haha! Georgia
- As drunk Abie, I gave many people hugs. I don’t know why I like to hug people so much when I am drunk, but I sure do!
- As we left this bar (totally blitzed out of our minds), Clarissa mentioned that she thought the bartender was really cute and that they “had made a connection.” But then she said she was too shy to ask for his phone number, so.. drunk and bold Abie struck again! I ran back into the bar and somehow in my drunken state told the bartender that Clarissa thought he was cute and wanted his phone number, so he gave it to me to give to her! So funny!
- And then we began really walking home. We were all three too wasted to be out in public anymore. At some point on the way home, Clarissa had to pee so bad, that she ran off down a side street and peed on the sidewalk!!
- Eventually, we made it home. This is where the fun began (not really). I went in to the bathroom and began puking (secretly). It’s rough puking alone. Friends are good to have around cuz they bring you water and make you eat crackers… but alone, I would puke, then stand up and drink water from the sink, and then be sick in the toilet again. After a lil bit, I rejoined Clarissa and Lenny, who (in a desperate attempt for comfort food from home) had made French fries and makeshift feta dressing.
- As I went to lie down on the couch to go to sleep (there was NO WAY I was gonna drive home), I realized I had to puke again. So, I called out to Clarissa, begging her to hurry and bring me something to vomit in. So, she brought me a grocery bag (the paper kind)! Anyway, I proceed to vomit into it for like hours. They tried to get me to eat something, but I resisted. Eventually, I let them shove potato chips down my throat (which were thrown up soon thereafter). Before they went to bed, Clarissa put a plastic bad on the ground under my vomit bag just in case of leaks or anything. So, we all went to sleep. I did wake up once in the middle of the night to throw up again, but after that I slept until morning.
- This morning, it so happens that the plastic bag had a hole in it, so the puke leaked all over! Gross! Luckily it was all water-puke, since I had puked up any chunks earlier. Also, Clarissa told me that I was the most “elegant puker” she’d ever met. Hahahaha. What a compliment!
- This morning, Clarissa made me a yummy brekkie of tomato soup and a grilled cheese. It was actually the perfect hangover breakfast.
Friday, November 10, 2006
- I slept in my new nightgown. It is a super soft, blue microfiber. Love it!
- As soon as I woke up this morning, I put on Persuasion and stayed in bed an extra two hours to watch it.
- After playing online for a bit, I got dressed and ran some errands.
- Dropped off
’s Secret application Victoria
- Picked up first paycheck (Wooooo!)
- Set up a bank account
- By then, it was lunch time. So, I headed off to
beach. I sat and ate my lunch (Chicken Caesar wraps!). After that, I walked all along the beach for an hour or so. Coronado
- A boy named Stefan walked with me for a few minutes. He was telling me that he couldn’t find any sand dollars, but he really wanted one. After he walked off, I found a sand dollar. You should have seen the look on his face when I gave it to him!
- Tonight, I am going out with Clarissa and Jennifer. I dunno what we’ll do yet, but it’s sure to be fun! And tomorrow, we are going to the Swap Meet (it’s like a giant flea market!) David – visualize the one we went to in
, but bigger!! ^_^ Kyoto
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Here are a few happies, out of order, from the past few days.
- I saw Regina Spektor on Sunday night! It was a great show, and she played lots of good songs. I was a tad sad cuz she played mostly new songs…but they were still wonderful. But, I did really want to hear some of the old stuff, too. Then again, it was extra cool cuz she played with her band this time, and I got to hear Your Honor live! It was fab!!
- I finished up my last day of data entry yesterday! Yessssssssssss!
- I have an interview at 2:30 today for a receptionist for a company that manufactures fancy doors and windows. Maybe cool? Oh, and it pays $14/hour! Good luck to meeeee!
- I’ve been drinking lots of English tea lately. It’s very yummy.
- So far this week, I’ve had chats with Stacey and Melo on the phone! It is so wonderful to be able to talk to friends.
Oh, on another note, everyone leave David messages to help him feel better. He is feeling really sick this week and needs some loveins! <3