- Well, instead of going out the Saturday before Halloween like a normal person, I moved into my apartment today. It involved a lot of up and down stairs. My apartment complex is a little bit ghetto, but it’s fine. I am nearby to make places; I’m basically 15-20 minutes from everything and anything. So, that’s nice.
- Ocha really seems to like the new place. I let him out this evening and after a tentative crawl around, he was jumping and dancing. It was nice. The only bad bit was I put on a movie on my laptop, and Ocha got really angry and stomped a lot. He’s never been in a room that a movie was playing before, so I think it freaked him out (all the new sounds, but without smells to go along with it).
- I went and did my first grocery shopping, too. I got a lot of Abie-foods, for example, mac n cheese, cereal, peanut butter & jelly, and marshmallows! Ha! I am quite a silly person. But, I got some strawberries this morning (Jackie and I went to a farmers market and I got a huge bunch of organic strawberries for $2.50! Yum yum yum!)
- While waiting in line to pay for groceries, the guy in front of me told me that he felt happy to see me cuz I was smiling. Hehe.
- I watched Pride & Prejudice to break in my apartment. Soon I am gonna buy a DVD player so I am actually use the TV that Jackie and Dale gave me. Seriously, this TV is HUGE! It took the 3 of us to carry it up the stairs! Insanely heavy!
- My first night in the apartment, I slept on the floor in the living room next to Ocha’s cage. I needed to not feel lonely my first night here. I think tonight I will sleep in the bedroom. ^_^
- I had the most FRUSTRATING adventure, trying to find internet access today. I was ready to kill kill kill! It took me hourS to find a place that has Wifi that A. works and 2. isn’t a gajillion dollars. (Yes, that S was capitalized on purpose).
- After all the money I’ve spent to get my apartment up to a livable position (tons of cleaning products, groceries, etc), I REALLY need that job. I hope I find something soon…I am feeling job-stressed.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.
Posted by Abie at 3:34 PM