Tuesday, November 21, 2006

You've got to change the world

It’s been a while, ne. I have been super busy, but not really. The big news is that I got a job. I m still technically working at the temp agency, still. But, I have been put out o a temp-to-perm project. So, I am working at a company called Jeld-wen. They manufacture doors. Yep. Sound boring? Well, so far, it’s not! I never knew so much planning and preparation had to go into making a door. It’s really interesting. I used to think they were just big pieces of wood we walk in and out of, but there’s a lot more to it. It’s interesting. Also it’s nice to have some kind of schedule to my life again. I work 7-4 each weekday. It sucks getting up so early, but it’s nice to get out by 4.

Other than work, things are good. I spend a lot of time alone, but I’ve been trying to get out of the house more. I went out this weekend to Dave and Buster’s with some people I met online. And it was fun! We just chatted and played video games. And afterwards, we went out to a karaoke bar. (At this point, I discovered that I hate American karaoke. It’s so lame!)

Then, on Sunday, I went to see The Wiz with Clarissa and Lenny. It was a really good play! Very fun and witty. I enjoyed it a whole lot.

So, for now, I am keeping myself busy with work. When I come home, I let Ocha out to play until it’s time for bed. I don’t go out on weeknights much since I have to be up so early, but I try and be social on the weekends. So far, so good. ^_^

And as you all know, this Thursday is Thanksgiving. I’ve been a bit down about that, actually. It really hit me that I am not gonna be home for Thanksgiving OR Christmas this year. It really sucks. It’s nice to have Jackie so close, but it’s just not the same as being with your core unit, you know? I try to keep my chin up about that. Anyway, so Thursday I am going to cook pumpkin bread and sweet potatoes (with marshmallows on top, of course!!) to bring to the Potluck dinner with Jackie and her friends. It’s gonna be fun to be at such a big Thanksgiving dinner, since I’ve only ever had dinner at home that day. But, it’s still just not the same. Ahh well.

That’s all for now. Sorry it’s been so long. I’ll try to be better!

No comments: