Monday, November 10, 2008

Some days are up, some days are down.

Ugh. Today is not such a great day. It's 2:30pm as I write this, and I am just about ready to give up for the day.

Last night, I barely slept. My cough just won't go away. I probably got anywhere from 2-3 hours of sleep, and that's being generous. I just layed in bed coughing all night. And I didn't have any medicine to take, so I had a spoonful of honey a couple of times, which helped for about 10 minute incriments. And so today, I am absolutely exhausted.

In addition to my exhaustion, I received an email from one of my professors in response to my idea proposal for our term paper. It's the one on Akira Kurosawa's Dreams. Anyway, she thought the idea was absolute crap, so I am back at square one, with less than a month to think of a new topic, research, and write. I am so ready to give up, at least for today.. but I can't. I have a meeting with Amy at 3:45 and then a class from 5-8pm.

And now that I've gotten the news on that other paper, I am so not excited to talk to Amy about what I was plannign to discuss with her. I wanted to ask her opinion on my idea for a final dissertation project...but I'm not sure if I can handle this intellectual rejection twice in one day!

Ugh. Wish me luck.


New ideas for a topic:
None.

No comments: