Monday, November 17, 2008

When we get there, we're gonna fly so far away

So, my cough isn't gone yet. The only night that I've actually slept through is the night that I went to bed drunk. I don't think I like that because I don't drink very often, so I'm not going to get to sleep a full night for a long time! Last night, I went to bed at 3 (whoops!) and didn't fall asleep to well past 5. *sigh* I hope some day I don't cough through the night.

Anyway, this week has been good. Here are some happenings:
Saturday night, we celebrated Scott's birthday (Kirsli's boyfriend). We went to The Elephant's Head in Camden, and it was tons of fun. They were playing all the music that I loved as a child: basically ever song from my cassette tape called "Chartbusters: Hits from the 50's."

Today, I woke up, had a relaxing breakfast, and went to the British Library to sign up for a library card there. It took a long time, but the guy who helped me was super nice. He asked where I was from, and when I said Georgia, he knew where it was! Impressive. He's the first Brit that I've met who knew where GA is. I mean, that's not bad, cuz if they asked me where Liverpool is, I couldn't say... Anyway, I complimented him on his knowledge of America, and he said "Well, I am a librarian." Hehehe

This week, I have a couple things which I am really looking forward to. On Wednesday, one of my classes is going to be at the Fashion and Textile Museum where we are going to have a tour and talk with the curator of the Bill Gibb exhibition, which is going to be really interesting! Then, on Thursday, I am meeting up with my friend Theresa, and we are going to go to the National Portrait Gallery, and then eat Mexican food!
YESSSSSSS!

No comments: