Thursday, November 20, 2008

If I knew Picasso, I would buy myself a gray guitar and play

Sunshine after the RainThis has been a pretty good week for me. To be honest, I don't really have too much to update on, except for the fact that I am trying to escape my paper!

It's going to be good, but it's stressing me out. The topic isn't stressing me; I know it's a good topic. I am just worried about the teacher's expectations. She is an extremely intelligent woman, but I am afraid that she is going to expect me to write for intellectuals. I hate the way that intellectuals write. They just write to sound better than their peers, without writing for the purpose of actually saying something. So, if that's what she is expecting, I am afraid that I won't be able to deliver.
Trafalgar Square
Today, I went with my new friend, Theresa, to the National Portrait Gallery. We had a good time discussing which people would be cute with modern haircuts. We also talked about fashions, specifically mustache and facial hair fashions. We realized that there is much more to facial hair than we both originally thought... though to take someone with a neck beard seriously would be quite difficult...

After the gallery, we came back to my flat and cooked some delicious Mexican food with Kirsli. Soooooo good!

Ok, ok. You guys are right. Back to work. More updates to come soon.

No comments: