Saturday, November 01, 2008

A man can love a woman who is always right on time

Lately I've been missing home. Not home, really, but the people that come along with being home: family and friends.

I just want you all to know that even though I am a bad blogger...I miss you all a lot!

Things here are going well. I've been battling being sick for a while, so I am trying to give it the once and for all push to get out! I am ready to be healthy again. Classes are going well. We are planning a trip to Paris around early January (possibly), which would be amazing. Rome and then Paris. Oh geebus, I want to stay in Europe! If only I could move a few key people out here as well, it would be a lot easier. Well, I guess ideally I would move all of my friends out here. That would be SO fun!

I am working on a couple of papers at the moment. One is an exhibition review/critique and the other is a soci-cultural analysis of the costumes from Akira Kurosawa's Dreams. My friend Avery inspired it, as he was the first to introduce me to that film.

Other than school work, I spend a lot of time reading (still school work) and talking online to people (a few more than others!) and going out and having fun with Kirsli and the kids here. On Friday night we (Kirsli, Scott, Juby, Lala, and me) went out to a Psycho-billy show which was neat. Kirsli and I spent a lot of time speculating about the other people at the show.

Lately, I've been in a museum mood. In the last few weeks, I've been to the British Museum, the V&A, the V&A Museum of Childhood, the Science Museum, the Tate Modern, and the Natural History Museum. Phew! And there's more! Next week, I am planning on going to an exhibition at the St. Pancras Crypt (Dark/Art/Dress) and a Late at Tate event. I am pretty excited about these.

And, I am looking more and more forward to having a visitor after Christmas. And Rome! Amazing!

But first, I've gotta knock out these two papers and a TON of reading. Back to the books!

No comments: