Weekend recap happies plus today’s daily happy
- Saturday, I went to David T’s art exhibit in Niihama with Yoko and Richard. David’s work is so amazing! I wish I could have bought a painting while I was there. Richard and I were discussing how completely proud we are that he has done this. He has not only painted beautiful images since he’s been here, but he’s arranged a beautiful display for them. It’s quite an undertaking in your home country, but to pull it off in
, that’s truly amazing. Japan
- Saturday night, I went to a party at David T’s house. Strip Janken (paper rock scissors) was played by some people. It was a strange evening, but fun.
- Saturday night, I crashed at David T’s place. Sunday, David T and I both overslept, so we missed out on the Zazen Meditation. I did have a dream though, that I was sleeping on a futon in David’s room (just like I did) and woke up, looked at him and then the clock. It was 8:00. I said, “I guess we’ve missed it, huh?” And then, after that dream, I opened my eyes and it happened! It was weird to have a deja vous minutes before it actually happening!
- But when we did get up, we made blueberry pancakes and chatted until he had to go to his art show for the day. I waited a while, then went to Mister Donut’s to get a yummy and wait for Yoko and Richard.
- Yoko and Rich met up with me around 11:45. We chilled out until it was time to go to the Japanese Speech Contest. Rich and Duncan were both competing. They both did very well, I thought. It was a bit hard for me, cuz it was 3 hours of listening to speeches in a language that I can barely understand. But, it was good.
ended up winning the viewer’s choice award for his speech. Duncan
- Afterwards, we went to a coffee shop with some people, and then headed back. The 3 of us played with Ocha for a while. But, Rich isn’t good with animals, so Ocha freaks him out.
- After the two of them went home, I played online for a while, then went to bed around 11. I fell asleep to the sound of rain.
- I just ate 2 pieces of pumpkin tempura. They were good. Ocha was jealous that he couldn’t have any.
- Tonight is ikebana, I think. That’s good news.