Monday, June 26, 2006

I'll only lie down by the waterside at night

Weekend recap happies plus today’s daily happy

  1. Saturday, I went to David T’s art exhibit in Niihama with Yoko and Richard. David’s work is so amazing! I wish I could have bought a painting while I was there. Richard and I were discussing how completely proud we are that he has done this. He has not only painted beautiful images since he’s been here, but he’s arranged a beautiful display for them. It’s quite an undertaking in your home country, but to pull it off in Japan, that’s truly amazing.
  2. Saturday night, I went to a party at David T’s house. Strip Janken (paper rock scissors) was played by some people. It was a strange evening, but fun.
  3. Saturday night, I crashed at David T’s place. Sunday, David T and I both overslept, so we missed out on the Zazen Meditation. I did have a dream though, that I was sleeping on a futon in David’s room (just like I did) and woke up, looked at him and then the clock. It was 8:00. I said, “I guess we’ve missed it, huh?” And then, after that dream, I opened my eyes and it happened! It was weird to have a deja vous minutes before it actually happening!
  4. But when we did get up, we made blueberry pancakes and chatted until he had to go to his art show for the day. I waited a while, then went to Mister Donut’s to get a yummy and wait for Yoko and Richard.
  5. Yoko and Rich met up with me around 11:45. We chilled out until it was time to go to the Japanese Speech Contest. Rich and Duncan were both competing. They both did very well, I thought. It was a bit hard for me, cuz it was 3 hours of listening to speeches in a language that I can barely understand. But, it was good. Duncan ended up winning the viewer’s choice award for his speech.
  6. Afterwards, we went to a coffee shop with some people, and then headed back. The 3 of us played with Ocha for a while. But, Rich isn’t good with animals, so Ocha freaks him out.
  7. After the two of them went home, I played online for a while, then went to bed around 11. I fell asleep to the sound of rain.
  8. I just ate 2 pieces of pumpkin tempura. They were good. Ocha was jealous that he couldn’t have any.
  9. Tonight is ikebana, I think. That’s good news.

No comments: