Monday, July 24, 2006

It's something unattainable that you can't live without.

  1. God it is ROASTING today!
  2. So the last 3 days I’ve been cleaning my little heart out! All I have left to do, really, is to sweep up the floor in the kitchen and the genkan…then I am pretty done! Oh, and I have to take a million bags of trash out. Trouble is that since garbage day isn’t until Thursday, I have to walk them over to the dumpster which, I think, is near Duncan’s apartment. Gah! I think that’s the closest one.
  3. Yesterday Yoko and I took Ocha to the vet. He is staying there for a few days.
  4. After the vet, I met Kana and we went to Ikebana. Awwe. It was so cute! My teacher is so wonderful. She bought cakes for us to eat and we ate cake and drank tea after we set up our flowers. Then when it was time to say goodbye, she cried! Awwe! Bless her!
  5. Around 11:30, Manabe-chan came over. She showed me her sister’s wedding pictures, and then gave me copies of the photos from my birthday! They are SUPER funny. She stayed over and we chatted till around 1am.
  6. This morning, I was awoken in the worst possible way. My landlord came around 8:30 and just rang the doorbell ***4*** times in quick succession. I was shaking because my body was not able to really wake up so fast! And then I had to run around the apartment looking for a pair of pants while he is ringing the doorbell! Ugh! I told him to come back at 6pm. He was very surprised. I guess he thought I would want to be out early today….
  7. I walked my suitcase and a few bags over to Duncan’s apartment. When I was up in his apartment, I stole a banana and some Calpis because I was STARVING and have NO food left in my house at this point. I’ll tell him later. He’ll be cool with it. :o) That’s why I like Duncan. He’s just so laid back.

1 comment:

David said...

So its your last full day in Tanbara. Enjoy it for everything it is, which is a beautiful little place tucked into the side of the world. I am sure it will be a very emotional time but also remember, your eyes have to water so you can grow xx