I was in a bit of a funk all day. All day, that is, until Ikebana. For some reason it makes me feel more optimistic. Today I spent a lot of my day feeling angry at Tanbara. I know it’s a bit strange to be angry at a whole town, but it can happen. The post office about killed me with their lack of attention to detail. Then everyone has been rude and grumpy all day. Maybe it’s the weather. But Ikebana always cheers me up. I tried a new style tonight and it was hard. Sensei did most of it while I watched. Next time is my last, so she is giving me a small goodbye party. How sweet!
- For some reason, they decided to have cleaning time first thing this morning. So, instead of helping like a nice person, I went in the tatami room and napped. I ended up sleeping through the entire 1st period.
- After my nap, I came back to the staff room to prepare for my FINAL lesson with one of the 2-nensei classes…and it turns out it’s been cancelled! YES!!!!!! I was surprised, but it was definitely a good surprise.
- A huge bee flew into the staff room today. When I say huge, I mean HUGE. It was like a wasp on steroids. It was NO JOKE the size of my thumb! That’s a damn big bee. This country has some of the biggest bugs ever, geebus! Last night I saw a spider near my mailbox that was almost the size of my palm.
- We decorated wind chimes in my special class today. Homare got excited and accidentally smashed it into the table. It shattered into a bajillion pieces. He got very stressed and started yelling a bit. Luckily, I had an extra wind chime because Shiori-chan was absent from school. So, crisis solved. He was much more careful the second time.
- This isn’t a good thing, but it gives you a hint of how much I don’t like my job. I can count on ONE hand the people from my school that I will possibly miss. Honestly, I really can’t wait to leave Higashi. I was sad about leaving Nishi, but I am not even SLIGHTLY sad about leaving this school.
- Ahh ikebana. Thank you for curing my grump.