Friday, April 21, 2006

As soon as you say your ideas out loud, then they can go and live on their own without you.

Even though I feel absolutely horrible today, my classes haven’t been crap. I’m surprised.

  1. Last night at just around midnight, I got a call from David! Talking to him on the phone is so rare, I was so happy! I still am super happy that I got to hear his voice. For me, at least, that 300 yen to call for just a few minutes was well-spent.
  2. In spite of the fact that today I feel even WORSE than yesterday, my 4 classes went well. I thought I was going to die during them today. Luckily, Toda-sensei is super helpful. When I told him I was ill, he said he’s take care of some of the lesson. And he did. Mostly in English, too! It was so wonderful to have the help. We worked together. For real, team teaching! Amazing!
  3. My 2-nensei class wasn’t shit today. I did the person drawing activity where you have the students draw 1 body parts and then pass the paper around. So, the pictures come out super funny and strange. It’s cool. And they weren’t shit-heads today, either! Amazing!
  4. Because I feel like such crap today, they let me go home early. Thank goodness! I am going to veg the rest of the day and attempt to get better. Wish me luck!
  5. After a brief nap and a chat online to David, I’m feeling a little bit better. I will probably go to bed very early again tonight, though. In fact, I think I will let Ocha out now so I can go to sleep soon. I doubt I will go to bed at 8 again, but most likely before 10pm.
  6. I did the dishes! Finally! And I took out the trash! All I have left to do housework-wise is a load of laundry (tomorrow) and vacuuming the apartment (also tomorrow). I can’t wait to have a clean place again.

No comments: