Holy Crap I am so exhausted. I am surprised I can even type I’m THAT tired. Last night was an enkai in Saijo. I was only out until around 10… but unfortunately I had had too much to drink. I didn’t really have a choice about that part. In
Then, today at school, I had four classes in a row. That means that I was up on my feet running around being genki from about 8:15am-1:00pm. Just running and running. The hard part is the staying genki and excited about teaching the same thing over and over again. I had my first lessons with the new 1st years. They are all great. I enjoyed all 3 of those classes. Thrown in there, I had a 2nd year class. God, they suck so much. They can take a good lesson and make it suck. And the teacher I was with knows NO English, so he was no help. Gawd. I was counting the seconds until I could leave that class. I’m not looking forward to Monday, cuz I will have the other 2nd year class, and they are just as bad, if not WORSE. Ugh.
I need to plan my lessons for next Monday, but I just can’t. I have absolutely no energy at all. I am just too tired.
Anyway, here’s my list for today.
- I am somehow still standing.
- We are watching a movie in English Club this afternoon, so I can hopefully ust relax then. I hope
comes again today. It’s always fun when it’s the 4 of us (me, Duncan, Ayaka, and Kasumi). I think we may watch Lilo & Stitch. They love the movie and know it well (in Japanese). So, I think it’ll be easy for them to understand the English since they are so familiar with the Japanese version. Duncan
- I’ve allowed myself a cup of coffee today. After my classes wearing me out, I feel that I deserve that little bit of caffeine.
- The new 1st years are great. Even students I didn’t like when they were 6th graders, I like now. They all seem very willing and ready to study and learn English. I hope their motivation continues. And it’s nice to know a few of their names already (when I say a few, I really mean 3).
- Tomorrow I’m going out with Yoko to a “mysterious and beautiful place.” I’m very excited to chill with the fabulous Popcorn (her nickname, cuz she’s silly). Afterwards we are either going to her house to cook dinner and watch a movie or we are going to go to
to shop and play and sing. Either way it’ll be lots of fun. I’m not sure if the other ladies of the crew are coming. If so, that’d be wicked. If not, well, then Loco Yoko and I will rock out anyway. Matsuyama
- In English Club today, we watched Nightmare Before Christmas. It was most excellent.