Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Click goes the remote, there you have my vote.

  1. I sometimes do things on the spur of the moment that perhaps sometimes people would prefer that I not… but I can’t help it.
  2. I went grocery shopping last night. It was nice to finally get some food for my apartment! I got more cereal, too, so that’s exciting!
  3. At Fuji, I had a little 6 year old girl named Momoka walk around with me. She was looking at toys and so I started talking to her a little. Then, I said goodbye. But she followed me to the next aisle. So, I walked around with her for about 20 minutes while I was shopping. Japan is so funny how it’s not a weird thing to happen here. They trust people so much. My mother would never have let me wander Kroger at 6 years old. Never.
  4. Since the beginning of April, I have lost about 4 kilograms (about 9 pounds). The cereal diet works! I haven’t been good about exercising…but I just stopped really being hungry. Now I only eat when I am hungry, but not late at night. No eating late at night. It’s bad to go to sleep with a full stomach. But, it’s not like I’m NOT eating. I eat a healthy amount AND I take vitamins. So, yeah. 9 pounds in about 6 weeks. That’s a healthy weight loss, I think.
  5. I need to get to planning my lesson for today. I told them we would do a Pet Shop activity…but I just don’t feel like it. I may see if we can finish Lilo & Stitch. I think Miyata-sensei will be annoyed, but…I’m not sure I care. Well I do care. He is nice…but I just am so unmotivated with my job… It’s horrible, yes, but I have completely lost motivation to strive for excellence. I am looking for mediocre. It’s also just that they want to pretend to play in a pet store… but today’s class is a mix of Teroyoshi and Homare (who are the ones who want to do this) and 3 other kids (who will be too cool for school about it). So, I don’t think it would work anyway.
  6. Today I had to interview 8 students. They are all competing for a spot on the study abroad trip to America this summer. It’s for a week in Minnesota with a homestay. Anyway… bless. The top two kids are the ones I already knew would be amazing. Especially Yasuyuki. He has such personality! But the other kids… well, I am in between kids. The other girl with better English didn’t smile much and was just quiet and boring. The other two contestants are more interesting, but less quick on their feet. Only 3 of the 8 get to go from my school, and Kasumi and Yasuyuki are for sure in…but the other spot. I don’t know who should get it! Ahhh!
  7. Tonight I am buying something, a surprise something. Then, I am going to volleyball with Yoko, Duncan, Richard, and their friends. I will be a spectator, as I don’t enjoy playing volleyball. Wooooo!

No comments: